Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Rahul Keswani

It's uncanny that words sound so much heavier when written than when spoken. For once, I don't remember a single time when I've spoken to Rahul in a tone anything close to an inch of seriousness or a tuppence of gravity. Yet when we write about each other there is an extra cloak of emotion that our heart demands to cover itself with... It is my theory that each person truly reflects himself by the colour of the pen he wields.... The hypocrisy in his mind, the love in his heart, the pretence in his conduct.... the sceptic , the stoic, the idealist, the sadist, the altruist, the dreamer, the admirer, the despiser, the friend, the brother.... the whole family of hues pops out with each drop of colour from the writer's sword.... I am writing these words knowing I've found a friend in Rahul..... someone who is affected by my conduct towards him. I need to be more careful..... I know that the very next time I see Rahul, he will be the same caricature to me and I shall be the same midget clown to him.... But I guess that doesn't matter anymore.... What matters is probably embalmed upon my words and his...
We might keep darting each other with retorts and repartees to juggle our time.... we might remain dressed up as clowns to amuse each other for the rest of our lives. And by the time these moments pass, each of us clowns would retrospect back only to sense exhiliration and deepest gratitude to those lives that we lived together in each other's company.And the clowns shall not age. They don't need to. Ever

PS: Onkar, Purshya, PC, Varun, Shweta, PPS,Dixi, Saxena, DASA you're next.

2 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Blogger Rahul said...

Sob....
Sob....

MAn...i am touched...!!

but what the hell were u doing at 7:21 in the morning writing a eulogy (I hope it is one!!??)...

oye...at mocha...tonite...
treat for you..re..

seriously!!

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Karthik Shekhar said...

I did not write it in the morning....just didn't bother to record the correct time.Probably must do so in future blogs... :)
Ahhh... I don't know what it is, really..eulogy or elegy, how does it matter anyway?? :))... just made me happy to put it down...and I hope it brought a smile on some others too ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home