Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Friends

A feast for friends in my car,
An intention to travel far,
We took our turns on the steer,
Mixed our joy, shared our fear.

Just when it started to look real sleek,
'A' said he wanted to pull over, take a leak,
I stepped out to check the vehicle's rear,
I saw 'A' steal away and disappear.

'C' cried, "What happened to A and his spine?"
We debated this question over a jar of wine,
'B' announces, "Charlatans we will be no more!"
Before he sells himself to a swinging whore.

'C', with his acumen, could join the links,
said he knew this friendship was a jinx,
said only passionate fools dream the sky,
As he gulped his wine and spat goodbye.

I sat a while, finishing my glass,
The kind alcohol flashed my past,
I pondered upon the auguries of my life,
probably destined for the butcher's knife.

Resuming my journey minus my crew,
I felt an urge to go through and through,
I pocketed myself an another mile,
As 'B' came back with his apocryphal smile.

Sheepishly sorry to not resisted her lip,
He lamented to have broken our fellowship,
Then promising never to leave my side,
He convinced me to resume 'our' ride.

We resolved to drive by a constant decree ,
While keeping an eye out for 'A' and 'C'.

2 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger Aparajita Paul said...

wow..nice and funky!

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nicely put but i wouldnt want to be Person A would I

 

Post a Comment

<< Home