Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Metaphors were always my favourite figures of speech

The Curse:
It was a day like any other day. I came back home from work and was too lazy to make dinner anyway. Inevitably so, it was destined to be another day where I savour myself with a feast of lemonade to fill my tummy.

I lay stretched out, with my machine in front and a glass of the best lemonade in town. It looked something like this:


The Fall:
Not that there was anything nefarious or exciting on the screen, but the next thing I know is that I had spilled lemonade on my machine!!! The sacred circuits of the only constant thing in my life was going to be drenched by sugar water! I gathered my emotions and took a snap of the poor thing:


Redemption:
I probably am too attached to this goddamn thing. It seems to govern my life more than the lemonade that I spilt over it. Lemonade, for instance, doesnt need care and affection, and only knows to give pleasure. A computer is not like that and requires ministrations. I hate it. My dad bought it for me and expected that I would treat it with a lot of care and affection. I know I failed him.

If we can't break our attachments, let us drown them :D.

6 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Blogger vishnoi said...

so did u get urself another glass of lemonade? or u ran out of it :P

 
At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes i'm interested to know....

and wht abt your lappie? must have cost you quite a lot over theer to get it repaired?

hippo

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Karthik Shekhar said...

@hippo and vishnoi:

Situation under control men! My comp is rough and tough! :D

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Aparajita Paul said...

good 4 u dat ur father wasn't there to witness the calamity! my dad would've near about killed me - it matters more to him - alas!

thanx 4 dropping by, anyway!

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger onkar said...

that was good.. :P.. the first few lines gave me inspiration to not cook for whole of weekend..

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Kag said...

pretty cool :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home