Friday, June 02, 2006

I live in a 'meritocratic' nation!

This is a time in India that has serious potential for 'anarchy' and 'revolution'. The youth seem to be 'awakened' and are voicing their opinions, making protests, going on hunger strikes and warning authorities to forestall a potential calamity on the fate of 'meritocracy' in our nation. All of this with more tenacity and fervor than ever before.

I may be wrong but I seem to find myself dry of all the anti-reservation tension that is causing a ripple among the youth of the country. Maybe I am more lazy than I am wrong. Maybe I say so because I have yet not been directly affected by it owing to my 'aristocratic' lineage that has always showered its opulence on my well-being. May be there will come a time when I shall be awakened. I guess then I shall join the protests and lose some weight.

I come from a 'pure' lineage. I can proudly exhort that I am a descendent of a caste that has been the nurturer and safekeeper of 'Dharma' and 'Jnana' in a society where people practise the 'sanatana dharma' (a religion which has no beginning and is a direct gospel from the almighty). I probably did have ancestors who strongly believed (probably backed their belief with a strong amount of reasoning and analysis that made them worthy of their bloodline) that there is a section of humanity that is accursed. That section whom even God does not want to entertain and upon whom the curse of isolation shall be imposed. Yes, that is the greatest deed a Brahmin could do. Give a 'shoodra' and his descendants the life that they deserve. They could clean our latrines and at the end of the day, feed on our leftovers. That austerity probably may one day grant those accursed the path of heaven. We just have to make sure that we keep a hold on those scoundrels and never let them surface above the seat of the toilet.

I suppose the time has come to pay for our sins. But I guess there is still a chance that we can put all that behind us and still talk about equality and meritocracy which we have always upholded!

1 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home